Businesses in downtown Ste. Genevieve are celebrating spring with the first Shop Hop event on Saturday, March 27.
The event includes various special promotions at shops, restaurants and wineries throughout the downtown.
Participants include Audubon’s Grill and Bar, ASL Pewter, Belle Ever After Boutique, Brix Urban Winery and Market, Common Grounds Coffee House, Harold’s Famous Bee Co., Lavender Moon, Lewsi Winery, Music Art Love, Only Child Originals, Rollin On The River Bike Rental & Mercantile, Rust, Sainte Genevieve Museum Learning Center, Sassafras Creek Originals, Show Me Shop, and Sweet Things Sweet Shop.
Hours and specials vary from shop to shop.
Some of the promotions at shops include:
• ASL Pewter Foundry, 183 S. Third St., will have in-store surprises and a guest artist, jeweler Patti Zieche-Davisson, on both Saturday, March 27, and Sunday, March 28.
• Hotel Audubon’s Grill & Bar will have Easter Peeps bread pudding and Peeps drinks, which also will be available to go. Those who spend $10 will be able to pick an egg with prizes including discounts and gift certificates.
• At Belle Ever After, 1 S. Main St., shoppers who make purchases of $25 or more will be able to choose randomly from a basket of plastic Easter eggs that include gift, discounts and other items, including one golden egg with a $100 gift certificate.
• Brix Urban Winery and Market, 245 Merchant St., will be having its first Kegs and Eggs Adult Meadster Celebration. The event includes specials on carbonated mead and a drawing for an adult meadster basket worth more than $130. The basket is a wooden six-pack bottle holder filled with three wines or meads and gourmet and novelty candies. Shoppers who spend $50 get an automatic entry for the drawing. Shoppers who spend $10 get to select an egg filled with candy, gift cards, or tickets for the drawing. Must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
• Harold’s Famous Bee Co., 234 Market Street, will host its first scavenger hunt of the year beginning at noon. The first person to follow the clues to the medallion will win a basket of honey and other goodies valued at $150.
In addition, those who spend $20 or more at Harold’s will receive a free treat from Kristina Bakes as a preview of the Honey Festival and Market scheduled for the last weekend of June.
• At Lavender Moon, 34 S. Third St., shoppers who make a purchase of $5 or more will be able to pick a colored egg from a basket for discounts of 10 to 20 percent. Discounts do not apply to CBD products, consignment items or special orders.
• At Lewsi Winery, 57 N. Main St., customers who make a purchase of $20 or more will get to select from the basket of eggs which include some filled with candy and some with Jour de Fete bucks, which are accepted as cash at several Ste. Genevieve shops and restaurants.
• Music Art Love, 199 N. Main St., will have a pop-up shop with artwork by Ashlee McGhee and jewelry by Ginger’s Jewelry Box. Paul Hogenmiller will be playing live music throughout the day, and qualifying purchases of $10 or more will be eligible for Easter egg discounts.
• Rollin on the River Bike Rental & Mercantile, 291 Merchant St., will allow shoppers who spend $5 or more to pick an egg to receive discounts or prizes. Qualifying shoppers also will be entered into a drawing for a gift baskets and receive a free cookie.
— Rustik Sand Kandles, 252 Merchant St., will be offering 30 percent discounts on all Rada cutlery products. Dip mixes, soup mixes and cheese ball kits also will be on sale. Additionally, any purchase will make shoppers eligible for a drawing for a gift basket that includes a $10 gift certificate from Laboure Exchange.
— The Sainte Genevieve Museum Learning Center, 360 Market St., will have give-a-ways and activities on the patio. For $5, children will have an opportunity to paint a dinosaur sun catcher and win a prize — all entries will win prizes.
— At Sassafras Creek Originals, 311 St. Mary’s Road, Ronnie Rayfield Photography will have its fourth annual Family Easter Photoshoot Event. Photo sessions are available from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both Saturday, March 27, and Sunday, March 28.
— The Show Me Shop, 10 S. Main St., also will have discount offers randomly placed in colored plastic eggs for qualifying purchases.
— Sweet Things Sweet Shop, 242 Market St., will have its spring and Easter decor on sale and will offer a free Easter treat to the first 30 customers who spend $25 or more.
Balloons will be placed in front of participating businesses.