Six Requests Approved In First Heritage Commission Meeting Since February 24
Meeting for the first time since February 24, members of the Ste. Genevieve Heritage Commission addressed six requests for certificates of appropriateness in about 25 minutes on May 18.
The group met at its usual venue in the council room at City Hall, but had each applicant wait outside the room until their case came up to keep the number of people in the room to a minimum.
All six requests were approved.
Only commission chair Casey Benner and members LeAnn Waldvogel and Donna Rausch were present, along with community development administrator David Bova.
VINYL WINDOWS AT 256 MARKET
Joe Rozier applied for a certificate of appropriateness to replace nine deteriorating wooden windows on a small rental house at 256 Market Street with vinyl windows.
“I think it’ll definitely look better than the aluminum ones that are visible now,” Waldvogel said, in seconding the motion. It passed unanimously.
TWO PROJECTS OK’D AT LEMEILLEUR HOUSE
Geoff Giglierano and Robbie Pratt of French Colonial America (FCA) requested certificates for two projects involving the circa 1820 Rene LeMeilleur House, also known as the Bolduc-LeMeilleur House, at 121 S. Main St.
The FCA was requesting to install stone support pillars under the rear porch and to install a modern heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system in the house.
RAMP APPROVED AT 275 JEFFERSON
Wind and Betsy Fuller received a certificate of appropriateness to have an Americans with Disability Act (ADA)-compliant wheelchair ramp added in front of a house at 275 Jefferson.
The house, built circa 1940, is considered a contributing structure to the National Register Historic District.
RAILING REQUESTED AT 234 MERCHANT
Laura and Adrian Naeger, who own Treasured Memories Florist and Gift Shop in the Emile Vogt House at 234 Merchant, requested a certificate to put a railing around the top of the front and back porches or balconies.
The house was built in 1880 and was home to Emile Vogt, county assessor and a community leader prior to his death in 1897.
The railing will match the front porch railing.
SHED CAN BE DEMOLISHED AT 447 MERCHANT
The commission also agreed to issue a certificate of appropriateness to demolish a dilapidated shed behind the residence at 447 Merchant St.