R-II Board Of Education Earns MSBA Governance Team Award
The Ste. Genevieve R-II Board of Education earlier this month was recognized as one of 33 winners of the Missouri School Boards’ Association (MSBA) 2019 Governance Team Award.
This recognition is based on the outstanding commitment to ongoing professional development, to regional and statewide leadership, and to active participation in legislative advocacy for public schools by a district’s school board and superintendent.
School boards and superintendents who receive this award demonstrate the value of ongoing learning for continuous improvement.
Recipients of the award have met the following criteria:
- The district is fully accredited.
- All seven school board members have obtained Essential Certified Board Member (CBM) certification from MSBA.
- At least two board members have attained the Advanced CBM level of certification from MSBA.
- At least one board member has attained the master’s level of certification from MSBA.
- At least a quorum of the board and superintendent attended MSBA’s 2018 Annual Conference and a regional meeting during the past year.
- At least three board members and the superintendent or other central office administrator attended the 2019 MSBA Spring Regional Meeting.
- A district representative attended MSBA’s 2019 Legislative Forum.
- A board representative participated in MSBA’s 2018 Delegate Assembly.
“Our Ste. Genevieve R-II Board of Education is extremely deserving of this recognition,” superintendent Dr. Julie Flieg said. “As a school district, we are so incredibly fortunate to have a board that takes their mission to heart and goes to great lengths to ensure that our students receive the best education and care that we can provide.”
This year, 33 Missouri school boards received the award out of Missouri’s 518 school districts. Ste. Genevieve R-II last received the award in 2016.
The district was recognized during the MSBA Leadership Summit on June 8 in St. Charles.
(Information in a release from the Ste. Genevieve R-II School District.)