Eight members of the Missouri Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)/Phi Beta Lambda chapter from Ste. Genevieve High School traveled to Springfield, Missouri, last month for the Missouri Future Business Leaders of America State Leadership Conference.
The three-day conference began April 14 and featured workshops, a keynote speaker and professional networking opportunities.
The keynote presenter was Joe Fingerhut of St. Louis. He spoke about leadership and success.
The students attended training called LeadershipEDU from Team Tri.
More than 5,000 students and advisers came together for the event, with over 150 business-education related contests running during the event. Contest topics ranged from accounting to website design, marketing to mobile application development.
The 2019 State Leadership Conference was the largest in Missouri FBLA history.
The following Ste. Genevieve students competed:
- Emily Abt, electronic career portfolio;
- Virginia Akins, economics and intro to parliamentary procedure;
- Alina Bader, spreadsheet applications;
- Molly Bahr, intro to business procedures (competed online but did not attend);
- Katie Beck, job interview;
- Emma Fisher, graphic design;
- Hannah Reeves, journalism;
- Annie Yang, personal finance (competed online but did not attend).
Ste. Genevieve High School brought home third place for the March of Dimes donation, and junior Emily Abt received 10th place in electronic career portfolio.
Breanna Boyd and Ali Werner served as voting delegates to elect new state officers.
(Information in a news release from the Ste. Genevieve R-II School District.)