Fourth- and fifth-grade students from both Bloomsdale Elementary and Ste. Genevieve Elementary schools attended Career Day on March 4 at the Ste. Genevieve R-II Performing Arts Center.
Ten different careers were represented by parents and family members of students. Each person was given 15 minutes to share about his or her career and then answer questions from students.
Gavin Gegg, a fifth-grade student from Ste. Genevieve Elementary, presented on his 3-D printed keychains.
The event was a collaborative effort between both building counselors and students.
Ste. Genevieve Elementary School counselor Jesika Greminger enlisted her student volunteers to tell jokes, introduce the speakers and keep track of the timed sessions.
Bloomsdale Elementary Counselor Amy Rowland enlisted her student volunteers to write thank-you notes to the speakers who gave their time.
The following parents volunteered their day to educate the students:
- Rikki Schaefer, physician assistant.
- Kyle Schaefer, electrical engineer.
- Sam Savat, hair stylist.
- Heather Kertz, human resources.
- Nathan Bauman, riverboat captain.
- Jill Beckerman, insurance agent.
- Jeff Dorenkamp, Sheriff’s Office deputy.
- Melissa Gallup, vocational counselor.
- Lisa Gansner, dance instructor
- Larry Pfaff, firefighter.
(Information in a release from the Ste. Genevieve R-II School District.)