The work of local high school students will be showcased at one of the exhibits this week for the Fourth Friday Art Walk.
The monthly art walk series takes place from 6 to 9 p.m. at galleries and art spaces in downtown Ste. Genevieve. The 2019 series began last month and will continue through November.
The Galley Association of Ste. Genevieve coordinates the events.
Among the exhibits this week is the Ste. Genevieve County High School Art Show sponsored by the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild.
The art show will be at the Welcome Center and will consist of art work completed in several categories: drawing, color, and three dimensional.
First through third place will be awarded in each category — beginners and advanced — and a Best of Show will be determined by the judges. First place will received $25 and the Best of Show will receive $75.
Presentation of art show winners and $500 Betty Geraghty Memorial Art Scholarship recipient will be at 6 p.m. at the Welcome Center. The show will remain open for viewing throughout the weekend.
The art show and scholarship competition are sponsored by the guild in cooperation with Sandra Cabot at the Welcome Center
Some of the highlights of this month’s Art Walk:
- 109 North Main Street features the artwork of Terri Cavins from 5 to 8 p.m.
- The Linden House, located on South Main Street on the campus of French Colonial America, will feature photography by Rheanna Wolk and the new Hands-On History exhibits.
- At Rust, located at 173 North Main St., six local artisans will display their diverse creations, including candle cans, artful crochet and hand-knit items, paper filigree jewelry, paintings, and one-of-a-kind painted boxes.
- Sainte Genevieve Winery at 245 Merchant Street hosts the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild’s group show with four rooms filled with paintings, pottery, note cards, and even a few birdhouses!
- E*Klek*TiX on North Main will feature new art by Jean Rissover along with wine, conversation and — to close out Women’s History Month — recorded works by international female musicians.
- Lewsi Winery will have Brenda Thompson’s Kaskaskia Island paintings and local artist Suzanne Thompson’s summery clothing items in dyed fabric.
- ASL Pewter will be having 10 to 30 percent off its items and is interested in meeting artists who would like to have their work displayed in the near future.
- Modern Primitive is featuring watercolor frescoes by o*Live Kraus.
For an Art Walk map and further information, visit http://SteGenArtWalk.blogspot.com or email [email protected]
(Information from the Ste. Genevieve Art Guild and the Gallery Association of Ste. Genevieve.)