Nearly 800 candidates received degrees during commencement ceremonies on December 15 at Missouri University of Science and Technology in Rolla.
Missouri S&T has traditionally recognized graduates earning a bachelor’s degree with honors by placing the designation summa cum laude for cumulative grade point averages of 3.8 or above on a 4.0 scale for all courses counting toward the degree, magna cum laude for GPAs of 3.5 to 3.79, and cum laude indicates GPAs of 3.2 to 3.49.
Students from Ste. Genevieve who received degrees in December included:
- Colleen Brake, bachelor of science, mechanical engineering, cum laude.
- Nicholas Colburn, bachelor of science, electrical engineering, magna cum laude.
- Matthew Jokerst, bachelor of science, civil engineering, summa cum laude.
- Jasmine Kuehn, bachelor of science, engineering management.
- Michelle Scheiffele, bachelor of science, psychology.
- Kellen Steagall, bachelor of science, civil engineering, summa cum laude.
Missouri University of Science and Technology is a research university of more than 8,600 students and part of the four-campus University of Missouri System.
(Information from Link News for Missouri University of Science and Technology.)